In ensuring high revenue growth, It is important to take control of the performance of your salesforce.
According to a famous quote by Louis V. Gerstner, People do not do what you expect but what you inspect. To ensure they are performing optimally, sales agents need to be rigorously monitored.
A lot of companies encounter several challenges managing the performance of their salesforce.
Margaret, a Sales Executive, hired by a manufacturing company, was given an official sales car and assigned a driver. Every day, Margaret would leave the office under the guise of a sales meeting. She would normally leave the office at 10 am and get back at 4 pm, prepare and send a report. Most of her reports provided constant excuses on how different sales prospects did not require the product or service of the organization in the immediate term. Approximately 90% of Margaret’s reports contained the same excuses. Her opportunity pipeline was also lean while her sales performance was practically non-existent. In 4 months, she had only 2 closed sales deals worth a combined value of N200,000.
A few months later, Margaret’s driver went to the HR department and requested to be assigned to a different Sales Executive. According to the driver, most times, he would drive Margret to the shopping mall and would remain in the car waiting for her for at least 5 hours before she came back and instructed him to take her back to the office. After investigating and facing a disciplinary committee, Margaret was fired when she was found guilty
Some of the salesforce performance management challenges faced by organizations include:
- Lack of real-time data for the management
- Manual generation of sales records/reports,
- Inability to monitor salesforce performance,
- Validating sales meetings, including validating punctuality of sales agents at the place of sales meetings
- Loss of business opportunities due to gaps in communication
- Lack of standardized reporting templates and inconsistent data
- Inefficient optimization of sales agents’ time (Most sales agents spend time on generating manual reports)
The company then introduced a policy stating that no salesperson should go for a meeting alone, however, in no time, the sales team formed a bond and collaborated in running personal errands during official working hours. Sales performance across the organization dropped significantly
Consequently, companies do not have control over the activities of their sales agents and are, therefore, unable to effectively manage the performance of their field sales agents. C-Level executives constantly ask these questions when it comes to salesforce performance management:
- How do I enhance the performance of my sales agents?
- How do I track and monitor my sales agents?
- How do I get independent and verified sales reports that give me a 360-degree view on sales performance across every target location?
Beyond the CRM, Sales agents need a stringent performance management solution that can sufficiently manage their performance and allow different levels of managerial staff have a real-time glimpse into their daily activities.
This will help organizations determine, from the start, whether, a salesperson has the drive and is fit for the organization.
Some of the benefits of adopting a salesforce performance monitoring system include:
- It helps companies to scale sales growth
- It ensures sales schedules are adhered to by sales agents
- Time spent manually generating reports can be used on things that are more productive
- It helps to enforce proper supervision of sales agents
- It gives different managers an opportunity to be a part of the sales process
By managing the performance of sales agents, organizations are able to optimize the performance of sales agents and increase revenue.
Contact us on email@example.com to get started.